The images below link to infographic PDFs of COACHE survey results relating to perceptions of diversity and inclusion, as well as findings related to diversity in faculty hiring.
2019 Survey Results
2016 Survey Results
Since the 2016 survey, a number of steps have been taken by the Office of the Provost in collaboration with partners across the University to enhance our faculty search processes:
- Undertaking systematic efforts to understand the racial and gender profile of our faculty in relation to our peer universities.
- Hosting annual professional development workshops for faculty and chairs including sessions on implicit bias, recruiting diverse faculty, and strengthening decision making processes.
- Development of concrete guidelines for developing and implementing a fair and robust search.
- Introduction of a required process checklist for all faculty searches.
- Creation of Provost’s Diversity Institute for Faculty Development to provide faculty the opportunity to enhance their awareness and understanding of diversity.
- Launching the Faculty Diversity Initiative and LatinX hiring initiative to encourage chairs and their leaders to work together to strengthen the diversity of their faculty and to provide financial support for those efforts.