The Faculty Ad Hoc Committee for Sustainability will develop recommendations for a University-wide sustainability institute.
- Vision, mission, and goals
- Measurable actions to elevate sustainability research, education, and outreach
- Faculty cluster hire in sustainability
- Governance model including connections with Business and Operations
- Phased budget model
Through this effort, the Ad Hoc Committee will engage a broad stakeholder group across the University. The recommendations will be ready for presentation to Pitt’s executive leadership in Spring 2023.
Find a list of committee members.
- Melissa Bilec: Special Assistant to the Provost, September 30, 2022, Provost announcement
- Melissa Bilec named special assistant to provost for sustainability, October 7, 2022, University Times