In support of its ongoing mission to further strengthen the role of teaching at the University of Pittsburgh, the Provost’s Advisory Council on Instructional Excellence (ACIE) announces the resumption of the Innovation in Education Awards, after a one-year pause. The 2022 awards will recognize faculty for projects that enhance teaching at Pitt and foster new instructional approaches that represent advances over existing methods.
While proposals are encouraged across a broad spectrum of ideas and projects, this year's call also encourages faculty to explore ideas that focus on experiential or active learning to support an equitable and inclusive learning environment or technology-enhanced learning.
Additionally, proposals should address one or more of the following areas:
- Supporting student skill development in critical thinking, communication, leadership, data analysis, intercultural and global competency, or collaboration
- Expanding interdisciplinary learning opportunities
- Optimizing technology to enhance learning
- Promoting and supporting the development of teamwork
- Broadening academic opportunities for new or nontraditional student populations.
- Broadening academic opportunities in nontraditional settings
- Enhancing the accessibility of educational content and activities
- Supporting equitable learning outcomes for all students
View Innovation in Education Awards funded projects.
Request for Proposals
Call for proposals and application information: Innovation in Education Awards Requirements 2022 (PDF).
Innovation in Education Award applications and supporting materials can be submitted through Competition Space.
Deadline for application submission: The submission period is now closed.
For additional information about the Innovation in Education Awards, contact email@example.com.
For consultation about the development and feasibility of proposals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.