The University of Pittsburgh and PACWC are committed to helping our most valuable resources - our people. The resources and links below can help you find a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life.
Parenting and Childcare
Infants to Teens
Infant and Early Childhood
- University Child Development Center
- The Children's Center of Pittsburgh Get Well Room - opened January 17, 2012
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC and Carriage House Children’s Center have teamed up to create the Get Well Room (GWR), a facility providing care to children ages 6 months to 12 years old too ill to go to school or day care.
The GWR is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at The Children’s Center of Pittsburgh at 327 Craft Ave. in Oakland. Parents can contact the GWR either the day before or the morning of the day of care to secure their child’s space. Costs are $75 a day for children under age 3 and $55 a day for children ages 3 to 12. A one-time registration fee of $20 is required. Special rates are given if the child has a parent who works for UPMC or the child attends the Children’s Center of Pittsburgh or Carriage House Children’s Center.
For more information on the Get Well Room, contact 412-641-1990.
- Flexible spending account program – set aside funds on a pre-tax basis for reimbursement of expenses related to dependent day care
- Lactation Room Locations on Oakland Campus- The following list of rooms has been compiled to assist mothers in finding a convenient location to express breast milk on the University of Pittsburgh Oakland campus.
- Family Publications from the USA.gov
- Publications from the NIH Child Health and Human Development Website
- NICHD (National Institute of Child Health & Human Development) RSS feeds
Publications on Aging, Caregiving, Legal and Financial Planning, etc. from the National Institute on Aging