Watch for the latest updates on the Power of Pitt: Building a Healthy and Resilient Community website.
We have also compiled a list of Resources for Graduate and Professional Students and Postdocs during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- September 13, 2022: University-wide Resources for Postdocs
- September 13, 2022: Invitation: Book Club for Women Postdocs
- Read past Postdoctoral News messages »
Postdocs in the News:
- Postdoctoral Associate Beth Hoffman: How 'This Is Us' Put Alzheimer's Care in the Spotlight (HealthDay, Sept. 1, 2022)
- Postdoctoral Researcher Gourav Khullar: A new generation of scientists gets ready to commandeer the James Webb Space Telescope (Los Angeles Times, July 25, 2022)
- Postdoctoral Associate Beth Hoffman in: Misinformation will be rampant when it comes to COVID-19 shots for young children – here’s what you can do to counter it (The Conversation, June 24, 2022)
- Postdoc Christina Cerkevich in The Way Monkeys Communicate Could Help Explain How Humans Evolve to Talk (NPR, June 21, 2022)
Postdoctoral Associate Positions at Pitt
Visit Talent Center to search for current Postdoctoral Associate positions available at the University of Pittsburgh.
Salaries for Postdoctoral Scholars and Postdoctoral Associates
The minimum salary for Postdoctoral Associates and Postdoctoral Scholars is to $47,476, effective December 1, 2016.
Full-time base salaries below the recommended minimum are not permitted.
For more information, see the Guidelines for Postdoctoral Associates and Postdoctoral Scholars.
Friday, September 30 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | University Club
Register to attend
Book Club for Women Postdocs:
The No Club: Putting a Stop to Women’s Dead-End Work by Linda Babcock, Brenda Peyser, Lise Vesterlund and Laurie Weingart
October 6, November 3 and December 8 | 4-5 p.m. | Zoom
Advance registration required
Office of Academic Career Development, Health Sciences
See events calendar
- Postdoctoral Training
- University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association (UPPDA)
- School Ombudspersons for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Office of Academic Career Development in the Health Sciences
- Guidelines for Responsible Conduct of Research
- Provost's Memo on Postdoc Employment Classification
- Guidelines for Research Associates