*last edited on October 12, 2020. Check back frequently for updates. Contact Graduate Studies at email@example.com if you have specific questions.
Graduate and Professional Student Town Hall
- COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines: View guidelines for academics, research, health, facilities, travel and more.
- Bookstore Ordering Information: International shipping available; expect delays.
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations: Defenses can be held virtually. View tips for a virtual defense.
- Flex@Pitt Instructional Model: Fall 2020: Individual students can choose how to participate in classes. Graduate students who have teaching responsibilities can choose to teach remotely. Classrooms will be equipped with technology to accommodate for both instructors and students.
- Photo IDs including Using Online Photo Submission to Request Your ID and View Frequently Asked Questions
- Remote Access to Library Resources and updated in-person Hillman Library hours
- Student Computing Labs and locations
- Study spaces
- Guidelines for Research Trainees during COVID-19 Operations
- Graduate Students and Postdocs can reach out with concerns about research as well as teaching assignments or anything else in the following ways:
Campus Parking: Non-permit holders can park on campus at several lots, including the O’Hara parking garage, Soldiers and Sailors parking garage (view lot locations on a campus map) and others, at a daily rate of $5.00 payable through the ParkMobile App.
Does the staff hiring freeze apply to post-docs? No. While there is not a formal hiring freeze on post-docs, the Graduate Studies Office recommends that units proceed cautiously with hiring new post-docs. Considerations include ensuring that funding streams and remote work situations are in place given the pandemic. Units can re-appoint a current post-doc to a new appointment - this action is not the same as a new post-doc hire.
International Students and Postdocs
- Fall 2020 Information for International Graduate Students
- Letter to U.S. Consular Services to explain how Flex@Pitt is aligned with Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) guidance and for students to print and take with them to visa appointments and when at U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.
- Five-month Rule
- Remaining in the U.S.
- Health Care
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Technology Assistance: Through Pitt IT, you can borrow a remote device or a hotspot that you may need for your graduate training.
- Disability Resource Services
- Graduate News, Policies and Events
- Graduate Resources
- Office of Academic Career Development
- Postdoctoral Training
- School Ombudspersons for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Graduate and Professional Student Government
- Pan-African Graduate and Professional Student Association (PANAF). Learn more about PANAF and how to become a member at an upcoming meeting (RSVP for one of the dates below or to find out more information)
Friday, October 16, 2020 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. EST
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. EST
- Pitt Parents Yammer Group to share information and ideas with one another
- Pitt Commons: Looking to connect with a mentor? Sign up to develop professional relationships with Pitt faculty, staff, postdocs, and alumni. New grad student groups coming soon!
- University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association
- Community Assistance Resources updated with COVID-19 Resources: compiled by the University Library System for Pitt students seeking housing, health, and food assistance.
- The Pitt Pantry (a food pantry) will be resuming no-contact prepackaged box pickup on Wednesdays by appointment only, starting July 22, 2020. In order to request a prepackaged box of food, please fill out this form no later than 12:00 PM on the Tuesday before the Wednesday pickup.
- Student Emergency Assistance Fund
- Meal Scholarship Program: This new program from the Campus Basic Needs Committee provides an additional short-term food resource for students facing food insecurity caused by an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances. Apply using this form.
Health and Wellness
- Counseling Center, including Workshops Just for Grads and Therapy Assistance Online
- Flu Shots: Graduate students can receive FREE seasonal flu vaccine shots through the Student Health Service. Appointments required and should be scheduled at least one day in advance.
- LifeSolutions for postdocs
- Mental Health & Coping during COVID-19 from the CDC
- Pitt Community Health and Safety
- Wellness Resources Guide