*last edited on August 23, 2021. Check back frequently for updates. Contact Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
- Academic calendar: Fall classes begin on Friday, August 27, 2021
- COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines, updated for fall 2021
- All Library hours and directions
- Student Computing Labs and locations
- Campus Parking: For up-to-date information, visit the Pitt Parking website. The ParkMobile app provides the most current information about available parking and allows all members of the Pitt community to reserve parking spaces as availability allows.
- Research Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Graduate Students and Postdocs can reach out with concerns about research as well as teaching assignments or anything else in the following ways:
International Students and Postdocs
Health and Wellness
- Pitt's Health Rules updated for fall 2021
- The University requires every student, faculty and staff member to comply with certain mitigation measures unless they provide proof that they have been vaccinated. Upload proof of vaccination through the Student Health Service portal.
- On-campus Vaccination Clinic: The vaccination center offers all three COVID-19 vaccines and is open to the public with hours currently available from Monday–Saturday until September 18, 2021. Walk-ins are welcome, or register online and use access code panthers to ensure a scheduled time slot. The clinic is located at 4041 Fifth Avenue, at the base of Nordenberg Hall.
- All graduate and professional students and their dependents are eligible for student health coverage through the University of Pittsburgh. Enrollment for academic year September 1, 2021-August 31, 2022 is currently open until September 30, 2021; view the available plans and instructions to enroll. For questions, call the Benefits Department Customer Service team at 833-852-2210 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. ET or submit an online request.
- Counseling Center, including Resources and Groups Just for Grads and Therapy Assistance Online
- LifeSolutions for postdocs
- Technology Assistance: Through Pitt IT, you can borrow a remote device that you may need for your training.
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Community Assistance Resources updated with COVID-19 Resources: compiled by the University Library System for Pitt students seeking housing, health, and food assistance.
- The Pitt Pantry (a food pantry) is closed for maintenance and preparation for the fall 2021 semester.
- Meal Scholarship Program for currently enrolled students facing food insecurity caused by an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances. Apply using this form.